Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Politician Archetype for All Flesh Must Be Eaten

I wrote this years ago for a website that isn't around anymore (and I'm sorry to say I don't remember its name). It's a politician character archetype for All Flesh Must Be Eaten. Last night during the Democratic debate it popped in my head again, so I thought I'd share it.

Image: NBC

Politician
Norm

Str 2 Dex 2 Con 2
Int 3 Per 2 Wil 3
LPs 26
EPs 26
Spd 8
Essence 14

Qualities/Drawbacks
Attractiveness 2 (2)
Charisma 2 (2)
Contacts (Governmental) (2)
Humorless (-1)
Obsession (Political Power) (-2)
Resources (Well-off) (2)
Showoff (-2)
Status 3 (2)

Skills
Acting 3
Bureaucracy 3
Cheating 2
Dodge 1
Guns (Pistol) 2
Haggling 3
Humanities (Political Science) 3
Humanities (Psychology) 3
Notice 3
Seduction 2
Smooth Talking 4
Sport (Golf) 1

Gear
Government I.D. badge, briefcase, smartphone, campaign buttons

Personality
I was on my way to the top--the White House was surely only a few years away. All those years of kissing babies and telling the stupid public what they wanted to hear was finally paying off. I had a house in the ‘burbs, a wife and kids who looked great in the campaign ads, and a chauffeured ride to work every day in a government car.

Then this zombie thing started. At first I didn’t believe the crazy stories that people were telling. I mean, come on! People rising from their graves to eat living flesh? But when I came home to find a rotting corpse munching on what was left of the wife and kids, I realized the truth: my bid for the presidency was going to be delayed.

Now my very survival is a full-time campaign. I’ve managed to form an alliance with a few surviving citizens. It’s strange how something like the dead returning to life can make people from such different backgrounds work together--even those damn liberals. But the world has turned into a new two-party system: the Living and the Dead--and the Dead don’t vote.

Quote
“Put me in charge, my fellow survivors, and I will lead my party to victory!”

No comments:

Post a Comment